Friday, May 15, 2009

Start A Healthy Daily Habit

I don't drink coffee or read the morning paper.
I use to get up, meditate and do my yoga practice every morning.This gave me more energy than havinga cup of coffee and it lasted all day. I've practiced Ashtanga yoga for over 20 years and somewhere I stopped.
I've noticed a huge difference in how I feel. My body will sometimes hurt in places like my hips or low back when I've been sitting too long.
Yoga was one of the things that made me feel better than I've ever felt. When I do yoga, even just for a few days in a row I start to feel more alive in my body. I feel more youthful and energetic. When I practice yoga regularly my weight is naturally where I like it to be and I don't wonder or worry about my health.
Yoga is the quickest way I've found to get in shape and stay fit and strong. It's more than exercise, it's a way to reconnect with yourself, a way to love yourself, and you take that into your daily life, so it's actually a way to love others too.
The saying "Today is the first day of the rest of your life" is so true.
Each day can be a new beginning. We can create our lives however we choose, one day at a time.
So today I've decided to start my daily meditation and yoga practice again.
It's amazing how quickly yoga transforms a body. I'm looking forward to feeling better and having more energy.
Here are some things yoga can do for you:

It bolsters strength, stamina, and flexibility.
It improves one's ability to focus.
It's a great way to release tension and anxiety.
It helps a person maintain proper posture and weight.
It's a good way to remove bodily toxins through sweat.
It serves as a great training for athletes.
It helps improve a person's performance in sports.
Improves your sex life.
It tones your body inside and out
Improves confidence.
It helps you sleep better.

Try it, you'll like it!

Today I appreciative having a body capable of being active and doing yoga asanas.
I appreciate having time to meditate and do a yoga practice every day and I appreciate my health.
What are some healthy daily habits you have or would like to start?

No comments: