Monday, May 11, 2009

Another Beautiful Day In Paradise

Today is a picture perfect summer day here in Hawaii. It's actually still Spring but looks and feels like summer.
I live on the North Shore of Oahu, where the waves are both famous and infamous for their size. During the winter it's not uncommon to have 20-30 foot surf. It can be awesome to watch and with it comes a turbulent energy that creates motion throughout the entire North Shore.
I look forward to the dead calm of summer. The water is transformed looking and feeling like a peaceful lake. Sailboats show up docked in beautiful Waimea Bay.
People are out diving, snorkeling and riding bikes. It's perfect day after day. Today I'm appreciating the tropics and the fresh air of the trade winds. I appreciate the simple country lifestyle and the gentleness of the people that make up our community.
I appreciate watching all the animals roam and play.
I appreciate the beauty that surrounds me, and I appreciate one more beautiful day living my life in paradise.



No comments: