Thursday, May 21, 2009

Raw Food Diet

Seven years ago my husband and I went on a 2 week detox cleansing diet.
It was a diet consisting of all fresh organically grown raw fruits,vegetables nuts and seeds.
They call this the Raw Food Diet. We found out about raw foods from a woman we had met that looked 10 years younger than her age. (She was 52 at the time) We asked what her secret was and she told us about eating live foods. So we decided to do a two week cleanse that led us on a path that has changed our lives forever.
We started feeling so good eating this way that we continued it for over 6 years. We gradually started adding in more Standard American Diet (which in raw foodism is called the SAD diet) and the past year have found we're eating more dead foods (cooked and altered) than fresh living foods. We really noticed a difference in the way we look, feel, and think. It was nice to have the reference of how we could feel if we were more disciplined. With this in mind I decided to get back to feeling and looking the way I like to feel and look, energetic and alive.The past week I've consumed only fresh raw fruits and vegetables the entire week.
I've been making fresh squeezed orange juice when I first get up, then I'll have some fruit like apricots, cherries or grapes. It's mango season here in Hawaii and I've been eating about 3 mangoes a day! Thank You Whole Foods Market in Honolulu!
http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/
Then I'll have watermelon or a smoothie. In the evening I'll have a salad or some more fruit.
I've already dropped a few pounds and my body is quickly shaping back up. It's amazing how quickly my body gets back to my normal weight once I stop putting all the junk it doesn't want or need in there. I'm feeling more energetic than I have in a long time.
I'm posting some links about raw foods if you're curious and want more information or would like to try eating this way.


http://www.davidwolfe.com/


http://www.alissacohen.com/

http://foodnsport.com/


Here's one of my favorite smoothie recipes :

Blend :
2 cups of pineapple coconut juice
5 strawberries
2 bananas (small apple bananas or 1 large banana)
one half of papaya
this makes a delicious drink that is as filling as any meal.


Today I appreciate feeling good and having more energy.
I appreciate Whole Foods Market and organic produce.
I appreciate summer and all the wonderful summer fruits that are available!

No comments: