Friday, August 14, 2009

The Dog And Butterfly


A few weeks ago I posted a story in my blog called "Flirting With Love."
I mentioned how butterflies were showing up all around me and how fun that was to see. Well, so many coincidental and serendipitous things have been happening
since that I know now it's the Universe responding with the law of attraction.
It's uncanny how often little miracles and magical things are presenting themselves.
We've recently relocated to another town...almost an hour away from where we were when I wrote the post commenting on how butterflies are all around me.
A few days ago I heard the neighbors little mini chihuahua dog barking in the back yard. It was such a cute, happy yipping sound that I decided to see what was going on. I thought I'd find the owner and the dog playing with a ball or something. What I saw was the little dog dancing around by itself in circles, looking up at the trees and wagging it's tail. It kept doing this and I thought to myself, it must see something I don't. Then I noticed a butterfly go by right above the dogs head. It appeared to be teasing the dog. It would swoop down and then go back up just high enough so the dog couldn't catch it.The dog seemed to be enjoying the interaction and was spinning in circles and yipping. I thought it was cute but didn't think too much more about it.
The next day I heard the dog barking again so I looked out the window and saw him spinning in circles and looking up above him for the butterfly. I saw a butterfly flying around the dog again but didn't have the time to watch what was going on. Yesterday I heard the dog yipping again and I had some time to check it out a little longer. I watched from the bathroom window as the little dog jumped and spun and yipped with delight. He was clearly having a good time with this butterfly that was clearly playing with this dog!
I could hardly believe it, but then I could. It's been more the norm for my life lately! It was the cutest thing I've ever seen. The dog would chase the butterfly and the butterfly would get just close enough to almost let the dog jump up and touch it and then fly away. The butterfly would land on a tree branch or the fence and stay there while the dog was spinning and yipping, wagging it's tail waiting for more. The dog was having a blast and it seemed that the butterfly was too.
I had no idea that butterflies had that much consciousness and apparently a big sense of humor. Life is full of beauty and it keeps getting better and better!
Here's a cute video clip of penguins chasing a butterfly:



Today I appreciate all things in life that bring a smile to my face.

No comments: