Thursday, August 6, 2009

You Are What You Think

All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think we become." ~Buddha

It's true, whether we want to believe it or not. I've experimented with my own life and it's so amazing how good it gets when I have my focus on good things. Good seems to multiply and it keeps getting better and better when I make the effort to look for it.
I'm not immune to going the other direction though. I can certainly create my fair share of drama if I put my attention that way. Recently I was upset over something and let my thoughts snowball...without going too much into detail I created a few avalanches in my life experience! Fortunately I have a large bank of inspiring information I've exposed my mind to over the years, Abraham-Hicks, Wayne Dyer, Norman Vincent Peale, Catherine Ponder.
With this information, I've learned to dust myself off and deliberately redirect my thinking. It's not always easy, it's just too painful to stay in a negative state for very long, so I tend to reverse the direction sooner now.
I do this by finding something I can appreciate and then look for more.Then I'm back where I like to be....feeling good.

If you'd like some help in getting back on a feeling good path, here's some info I've gathered online that may be useful:


Some inspirational reading:





Here's a youtube video with Brian Tracy :




TINY FROGS There once was a bunch of tiny frogs ... who arranged a running competition. The goal was to reach the top of a very high tower. A big crowd had gathered around the tower to see the race and cheer on the contestants... The race began... No one in the crowd really believed that the tiny frogs would reach the top of the tower. You heard statements such as: "It turned out that the winner was DEAF!!!! The wisdom of this story: Never listen to other people's tendencies to be negative or pessimistic. They take your most wonderful dreams and wishes away from you -- the ones you have in your heart! Always think of the power words have. Everything you hear and read will affect your actions! BE POSITIVE! And above all, be DEAF when people tell you that you cannot fulfill your dreams!
Always think: I can do this!

You are what you think about AND you get what you think about.
What are you wanting to manifest in your life?

What are you thinking?


Today I appreciate knowing I can choose which direction I take in my life.
I appreciate the Law Of Attraction teachings.
I appreciate having a strong inner guidance.

No comments: