Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Believe In Your Dreams

I just watched a movie called "Have Dreams Will Travel."
It was a bit sad but inspiring in a way that shows we can manifest our desires if we believe.
I grew up hearing "Oh, quit Pipe Dreaming!"
I use to tell my mom my ideas and dreams and she would let me know her reality on the subject...that life is hard and we don't always get what we want in this lifetime.
I let this go in one ear and out the other and set out to prove I could have my life be good and have my dreams come true even if she didn't believe it.
This is what my book "Danny and the Dolphin" is about...creating your life to be what YOU want regardless of what others believe.
Here's a link introducing my book :  :http://www.writtenbykatesommers.webs.com/

I've heard the expression "Pipe Dream" all of my life and never really knew where it came from or what it really meant.I just knew it was an expression that didn't resonate with me and my goals.
Here is what Wikipedia's definition is:
A pipe dream is a fantastic hope or plan that is generally regarded as being nearly impossible to achieve.

Another description I found online:
An unrealistic hope or fantasy.
Origin
pipe dreamThe allusion is to the dreams experienced by smokers of opium pipes. Opiates were widely used by the English literati in the 18th and 19th centuries. Samuel Taylor Coleridge was one of the best known users, and it would be difficult to claim that the imagery in surreal works like Kubla Khan owned nothing to opium. Lewis Carroll, although not known to be an opium user himself, makes clear allusions to drug use in Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. Sir Arthur Conan Doyle has his hero Sherlock Holmes visit an opium den - although that was for research rather than consumption.
I've had SO many ideas and dreams.I've believed in my dreams and have led a life that most wouldn't attempt or even want.I think as a writer, I've needed the change and unusual experiences I've created for material! I've lived in so many different places and situations, from being a couch guest in a friends living room, being a nanny two different times, a roommate numerous times, living in a communal household with ages from 6 months to 82 years and then packing up everything I owned into a U-haul and driving across country with my daughter and my cats to my sisters house in Minnesota where I'd never been before.I've lived in Co-housing twice in two different states and also moved to the middle of the Pacific Ocean to Hawaii when I had never even been on a plane before.I was born to explore, try new things, and meet new people.Life has ALWAYS welcomed my dreams and desires.The Universe has shown me opportunity after opportunity again and again.It's fun, exciting and also a spiritual experience in a way for me to see how I am blessed with it always working out.Usually there was a reason I was in the place I wanted to go.I either met a lifelong friend, was available to help someone or they helped me somehow or I grew in a way I wouldn't have had I stayed in only one place.

Life is for living, loving, playing, and exploring. As Abraham-Hicks says, "Life is suppose to be FUN" They also say "Life can be an open ended ticket to a lifetime of adventure and fun!."Sounds good to me...I'll take that!
Abraham-Hicks videos and CD"s help one to see the results of co-creating your own reality.For clips of some of their teachings go to: http://www.abraham-hicks.com/lawofattractionsource/index.php
Over at Co-Creating Our Reality, they are helping people discover their dreams and actually achieve them.They offer tools, support and testimonies that show you HOW you can design your own life through your desires and dreams.

You CAN achieve your dreams with the right tools and with belief.It's not just a pipe dream!
Here 's a link to CCOR:



Here's a link to a fun movie called Pipe Dream:



This is a cute musical animation video called Pipe Dream, that shows how a musicians mind works...everything is an instrument!



This is a nice inspiring article on believing in your dreams:



I LOVE the way I get to live my life and I LOVE the things I've experienced and the people I've met.
Life keeps getting better and better and I'm so excited to see what good is going to show up next.


What dreams do you have?
What steps are you taking to make them a reality?


Today I appreciate all the co-creators of the world.I see them as the angels of dreams and desires.

I appreciate the Universe hearing and answering my desires.

I appreciate the manifestation of my dreams showing up at the perfect time!

I appreciate the fun I have in my life and the wonderful ways it continues to show up!

I appreciate seeing the contrast of how others view life and realizing that I can CHOOSE to live the way I believe and in a way that works for ME.

No comments: